Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wallby's Farm Park

There have been quite a few gloomy, rainy days out here these past two weeks. Still, we're trying not to let the weather deter us from having some family-fun on the weekends. Here are a few shots from Wallby's Farm Park, outside of Carlisle:






I don't remember places like this existing when I was a kid-- I think it would have thoroughly blown my mind to have gone to a gigantic playplace like Wallby's when I was Frankie's age. Wallby's has a giant outdoor playground, a zipline, trampolines, sandboxes, a go kart track, a petting zoo, a corn maze, a barrel train, and a huge indoor play area with massive slides and ball pits. It's pretty amazing, especially if you're five years old.

I really love taking Frankie on outings like this. On weekends, I hate staying cooped up in the house. My favorite thing is to get out of the house, go for a drive, and travel around our corner of the UK. And when the outing includes something that's actually fun for Frankie-- even better.

4 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

That place is amazing!!!

mimi said...

That is the best swing I have ever seen.....I would love to try it!
The 2 seater go carts are so cute....but what about the blond woman in the background...was she crying????

Frankie looks crazy with happiness!

You should open a bunch of parks like that in the U.S.

Tif said...

I noticed that too, Mimi! That blonde woman seemed to work at the farm park, and was 'supervising' the pedal-kart track. She looked crushingly bored and/or depressed the entire time, spending a lot of time with her head in her hands. I don't think she was nearly as whooped up about the pedal-kart track as Frankie.

jwjacole said...

This looks like so much fun for Frankie and a go cart for Matt. Yea, what is the blond lady doing?