Wednesday, September 1, 2010

La Tour Eiffel

We saw the Eiffel Tower today, and I wasn't prepared for how much the sight of it affected me. I've seen it so many times in movies and on television, that I didn't think it would be a big deal. But it's really awe-inspiring, seeing it in person. It's so huge, and beautiful, and... iconic. I saw it as we rounded the corner, and it very nearly took my breath away. I'm not normally a very sentimental person, but it almost made me tear up. I'm so happy that I got the chance to see it.

3 comments:

jwjacole said...

That's great to hear. I don't think Matt was that impressed when he saw it the first time. I very often get that "take your breath way" reaction when I see things for the first time that I am familiar with from T.V. or movies. I wish I was there. Jo

K. C. Wells said...

It is a stunning sight. It's hard to really understand how huge it is until you're standing next to it.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a really powerful experience. I love your description!