Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beachwalkers




We had a rare moment were the sun made an appearance this afternoon, so when Frankie got out of school I immediately swooped her over to the beach so we could have a nice long walk. Beachwalks have become our mom & daughter special thing. The beach is always so quiet and lovely, it's nice to just sit together and watch the waves. We walk on the rocks, talk about our days, and enjoy the seaside air.

Today, it was clear enough that we could see a ferry chugging across the water. We talked about our upcoming trip to Ireland, and how excting it is that we'll get to ride on one of those giant boats. The fact that our car also gets to come on the boat trip is totally amazing to Frankie. (Me, too, really.)

I really love being this close to the sea. I'm also really happy to be able to share my love of the beach with Frankie. I hope someday when she's older, she'll remember these beachwalks as something special we did together. I know I will.
















3 comments:

jwjacole said...

This is a great thing to do together!! The beach in Maryport is very different from our coasts but very enjoyable. It is surprising the the Maryport population doesn't spent that much time there. Did you find anymore bricks?

K. C. Wells said...

That's a really stunning view. I'm sure Frankster will always have great memories of your "girl partner" times!

Tif said...

No more bricks, sadly. But we keep on looking! Maybe we'll find one when Erin's here?