Thursday, September 9, 2010

Paris pictures: Round four

I really enjoyed riding around on the Paris Metro. For whatever reason I found it a bit harder to navigate than the London Underground (maybe the French stop names were harder to process?), but it was still a very clean and efficient way to get around the city. Plus, it made me feel oh-so metropolitan.



Metro entrance.


Frankie, city girl, getting ready for her first Metro ride.


Waiting for the train.


Riding the Metro, Cougar-style.



I love this picture. Frankie's hanging out on the train, texting on Matt's phone. (Just like the guy in the background on the right, who is also texting.)



Here's a weird French ad in the underground part of the station. If I spoke French, maybe I could understand why they're using the ghost-face killer from the movie Scream to promote McDonald's extra value meals. KC? A little help?

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Um, wow. No clue. Aucune idée. One of the car dealers in Lexington uses the creepy music from _Poltergeist_ to sell cars. I would think that death wouldn't help sell anything...except maybe coffins.

jwjacole said...

Not surprizing, I am totally perplexed. Love Cougar Frankie on the train.