Thursday, September 9, 2010

Paris pictures: round one

So... Paris.

I've been meaning to post pictures here for a few days now, but I keep getting distracted. This week, I've been busy planning Erin's impending trip over to Maryport to visit us. I'm so excited that she's going to get the chance to come over here. She'll be here in early October for ten days. Yay!

Also taking up time this week: My total lack of motivation and all-consuming laziness. Frankie's went back to school this Monday, and I've been to spending the whole week savoring the alone time by totally squandering it on the couch with my Kindle. Oh, Kindle. How I love you.

As for Paris, I think I'll start with a few pictures of our apartment.

We stayed on the Borg Tibourg, on a pedestrian square overlooking four different adorable cafes. The apartment itself was small, but charming. Nothing fancy, but it was a really comfortable place to call home for a few days. Plus, the location couldn't be beat. The restaurant right downstairs was delicious, and the bakery on the corner had phenominal pasteries that I'm still dreaming about.

Here's the apartment:












And here are a few shots of the courtyard outside our building:












Frankie's favorite part of the courtyard was chasing the neighborhood pigeons. Frankie = The Scourge of Birds.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

The apartment is very cute! And how did your offspring get the bird-gene? Wrong.

jwjacole said...

All Frankie needs to do is some jumping on the bed and she's right at home. Tiff, you do such a great job picking nice little apartments for your travel adventures. Jo