Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Big Z

I need to get better about posting on the blog everyday. For some reason, I’m just exhausted as of late, Maybe it’s all the traveling? Or the fact that Frankie’s on her summer break? Either way, it’s nonstop action around here from 6am when Frankie gets up until 7:30 when she goes to bed. By the time I get a free moment to post, it’s 8pm. At that point, my brain switches to the static channel, and all I can think from that point on is “ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.” Even right now, I'm yawning as I type this.

I tell you what, that Frankie has tons of energy. After all of the travel and fun touristy things we've done lately, all I want to do is veg out on the couch with a book, or nap while listening to the afternoon rainshowers. My brain needs a break.  Not Frankie. At 6am, she's up and WIDE AWAKE, jumping on my chest, barking out breakfast orders and excitedly talking about all of the games and activities that she has planned for us for the day. It's adorable, but exhausting.

I tried to get her to have a lazy day with me yesterday, but it didn't work out very well. She just followed me around from room to room, desperate to have me play game after game with her. I love her like crazy, but she wore me out. I just wanted to clear out a space in one of the antique wardrobes and hide out in the quiet darkness for an hour or so.

So, today I took a more active approach. To distract her with other kids, I took her to an indoor playplace in the morning and a playground in the afternoon. She had a blast. I enjoyed myself, too, but didnt exactly get down time. Everyone out here is so darn friendly, well-meaning moms and dads all took it upon themselves to strike up a conversation with me wherever I was. It was very sweet, and I met some nice people. But, honestly, all I wanted was some quiet time.

Long story short: Want to post York pictures, but.... Must... Sleep....



2 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope you got a good night's sleep, Tiff!

jwjacole said...

Don't feel guilty, all stay at home Moms go through this and Frankie has never ending energy. Hang in there.