Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yorkshire Countryside Drive



Matt took the day off last Friday, and we piled in the car for the 2 1/2 hour drive to York. It was an absolutely gorgeous day-- The sun was shining, the sky was a shockingly bright blue. It was so beautiful, I had my eyes positively glued to the scenery for the entire drive. Our route took us through the Yorkshire countryside, and the entire 2 1/2 hour drive was full of scenery like this:








I even asked Matt to pull over during the drive so I could take a few pictures. I couldn't resist. It was too perfect: Hills, lakes, quaint stone farms and fences, and sheep dotting the landscape everywhere.  It was one of those days where I couldn't help but think to myself, I love England.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly can see why you would love it. The pictures are wonderful but I imagine in person it is even more special! What wonderful memories you will have.

Mom in PA