Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Go, Speed Racers!

Matt’s love affair with go-karting continues.


On Sunday, Matt took his dad on a few runs around the track. When they were finished, they went to watch a go-kart competition outside of Cockermouth. They had a great time. I think it’s terrific that the two of them have something like this that they can share. Not sure what the deal is with the newfound jones for extreme sports, though. First skydiving, now racing? It’s definitely not something I ever expected.

Still, it’s actually nice to see him Matt excited with the sport. Around race time, he’s nearly giddy. It’s kind of adorable. Plus, he looks totally handsome in all of his race gear.








 
Secret Maryport go-kart track bonus: They have a 1980’s-style arcade game MAME emulator there, and I love playing all of the old games. I currently hold the machine records on Ms. Pac Man and Mappy. Booyah!

1 comment:

K. C. Wells said...

I hope you continue to hold the record for Ms. Pacman! It totally reminds me of skating at BF in middle school.

Is Matt going to get a monkey named Chim Chim now?