Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bad Girl

From the second Frankie work up this morning, she's been an absolute pill: Yelling, throwing fits, acting all kids of crazy. It's the very definition of "waking up on the wrong side of the bed."

The very first words she spoke to me this morning were to snap at me for not putting the right stuffed animal in bed with her last night.

When I said she couldn't have choclate milk for breakfast, she threw her cereal across the room in a rage.

She flung herself on the floor, using passive resistance techniques to avoid being sent to her room for a time out.

She locked herself in her room and refused to come out. Shortly after, she couldn't figure out how to unlock her door (or at least pretended not to know), forcing me to break into her room from the side window.

She was perfectly fine yesterday. In fact, she actually earned a good behavior award at school yesterday. It's like all of the bad behavior just materialized in the night.

It feels like I put Frankie to bed, and woke up with a deranged, mentally unstable Orangutan.




I hope that when I pick Frankie up from school today, she's back to her normal self. Otherwise, I may have to give the zoo a call...

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Parenting is like food poisoning, I think. One minute, you're fine. The next minute, you're feeling sick, achy, and wishing it would all just stop.

I hope the Frankster was better after school! And I hope Matt comes home soon. XOXOXOXO

jwjacole said...

Loved this one. I don't think anyone has come up with a real reason that kids have this kind of day but they all have it. Hard to live with but fun to hear about.