Thursday, January 20, 2011

The house is on the market!

The photographer just came over to snap some pictures of the house for our "virtual tour," and the official FOR SALE sign went up in the yard this morning. The MLS listing will post today, and we'll be accepting showings as early as tomorrow. Yay!

The photographer was a super nice guy, and he really loved the house. He was worried, though, that the house next door would be the "dealbreaker" that prevented anyone from making an offer on the house. The neighbor's super messy backyard and the trailer parked in the back really concerned him. I'm worried that he's right.

The house next door is so out of control. There is junk EVERYWHERE in the backyard. It's like an epiosode of "Hoarders." I walk past it every day, so I've gotten somewhat de-sensitized to it. It's like my brain has learned to "unsee" the mess next door. Someone just coming in to look at the house, though, probably won't be so forgiving.

It's at the point that I really don't know what to do about it. I could complain to the city, but it would take them *forever* to do anything about it. Plus, the neighbors are the parents of Frankie's little buddy, Noah. So that's pretty awkward.

I guess we'll just have to have a few showings and see how it all goes. I really hope someone falls in love with our house, and can "unsee" the neighbors too.

1 comment:

K. C. Wells said...

I wouldn't hesitate to say something to them. Maybe you could entertain Noah for the afternoon and Matt could help them clean up the yard? This is too important to let go. Or, maybe in the middle of the night, you can sneak over and set fire to the yard. ;)