Saturday, January 8, 2011

...yawn...

Dreadfully boring day today.

Frankie woke up before 5am, and all day long she kept telling me she was sick. She just wanted to stay in bed and lay around, watching a little tv here and there. She ended up staying in bed all day, only getting up now and then to go to the bathroom.

I tried to keep her comfy all day, and gave her ample chances to rest and recoup. I made her breakfast in bed, lunch in bed, made myself available for temperature-taking and on-demand cuddling. We didn't leave the house all day long.

Honestly, I don't even think she's really all that sick. If I had my guess, she's probably just worn out and tired from her first week back at school. She doesn't have a runny nose or a temperature or any of the usual telltale "sick" signs. But, every time I accused her of crying wolf, she claimed that she really was sick, and really did feel badly. So, after a while I just let it go, and settled in for a long boring day of light nursemaid work.

Now that she's in her bed asleep, though, I'm pretty darn bored. I really hate not leaving the house all day. It makes me feel really restless... Stuck in time.

Tomorrow, though... Look out world! We're getting out of the house, if only to go to the grocery store.

No comments: