Thursday, January 27, 2011

I can't believe it, but....

...I think we just sold our house!

Matt and I just signed the paperwork accepting a full price offer that came in this afternoon. I can hardly believe it! So exciting!!

The woman who is going to buy the house came to see it this morning, and fell in love with the place. The offer looks great, and since she's currently renting a house the offer isn't contingent on anything. Pretty perfect, eh?

When our realtor found out the the offer had come in, she sent a courtesy email out to a few of the other people that had seen the house earlier in the week. TWO of them sent back offers on the house. None of them could match the day's first offer, though. So, we sat down and finalized everything an hour ago.

We close on Feb 25th (barring any unforseen complications). That seems fast, but it's definitely doable. Now, it's on to the fun part: Where are we going to live??

4 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! That is amazing and fabulous and thrilling and lucky and wonderful!!!!!! XOXOXOXI

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! I am so happy for you!!!

mom in mo

Trevor said...

Congratulations. Thank goodness for that quick closing date. Given that once-in-a-lifetime, full-asking-price-with-no-contingencies-in-less-than-a-week offer, I'd be concerned that a sasquatch wearing an Elvis jumpsuit might crash a UFO into your family room. I'm really happy that things are shaping up so well.

dove said...

I'm so glad that she didn't accidentally run into the wacky neighbors.