Friday, January 7, 2011

Window Shopping

Last night, I watched an episode of “Bizarre Foods” with Andrew Zimmern that was set primarily in Edinburgh. It was so great to see the city again! All of the restaurants and sights that Zimmern took in were either places that I had been to before in Edinburgh, or had walked past many times. Just seeing a shot of the sign for the “Jolly Judge” pub made me miss the city so badly that I immediately hopped online and window shopped for flights to Edinburgh on Travelocity, looking over travel routes and prices, fantasizing about going there one more time.
Antique shopping in the Grassmarket, walking up and down The Royal Mile, exploring Greyfriar's Cemetary...  I wonder if I'll ever get there again? I really hope so.
One of the best things about living in the UK? Whenever I got a hankering to visit a city and do some exploring, I was always just a short hour train ride away from pretty much anywhere I wanted to go. Even London, which was about as far away from Cumbria as you could possibly get, was only a five hour train ride away. I miss that.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. C. Wells said...

It must be hard to be back after having been there for a while. Who knew you would end up missing it so much? I'm sure a trip to Kentucky will satisfy your wanderlust. ;)