Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Frankiemobile


Here's something that Matt and I never imagned we'd have to do in our lifetimes: Buy a car in another country.

But buy a car we did. We'll just add to to the growing list of  "firsts" that we're experiencing.

Here's our new buddy, the Toyota Yaris.



Go ahead... Say it like a pirate. YAAAARis! (Feels good, doesn't it?)

It's hilariously small by American standards, and feels a bit like one of those wee cars you'd see driven in a parade by Shriners. It wouldn't surprise me if I opened the door and 30 tiny clowns came pouring out.

Still, it'll be perfect for navagating the tiny streets out here. It just might even be small enough for me to be able to squeeze down The Went.

Frankie, who is currently obsessed with Batman and Robin has decided to call the car "The Frankie and Mommy Batmobile," or "The Frankiemobile" for short. I'm just thankful to have a way to leave the house and interact with the world.

That is, if I can only learn how do drive out here. (Seriously...I think I'm developing some sort of English-driving phobia.)

7 comments:

jwjacole said...

That's very cute! Glad to see you finally get some wheels. I get it that you are nervous. Very challenging.

dove said...

Cool! Where is the first outing going to be?

Tif said...

The first outing will probably be a spin around the driveway. Beyond that, I'll consider it a victory if I can make it to school and back.

K. C. Wells said...

You can dooooooooo it! :)

Anonymous said...

Couldn't Ken the Handyman hook you up with a pimp ride?

TWW

Tif said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tif said...

Good call, T-Dub! He offered many times. It went something like, "AYLL GEEV YEH EH RITE GREET PRICE, THEN!" (and then he sealed the offer with a thumbs up along with a gesture that looked kind of like the 'ok' sign).

We thought it best to buy something with a more substantial warranty than Ken's "thumbs up" guarantee.