Friday, April 23, 2010

More British Milestones

I called a local salon and booked my first British haircut today. It's at a little place within walking distance of Frankie's school called "Divas." I asked around, and it seems like the place where all of the local moms get their hair cut. I don't know if the stylist is going to do a good job, butI can say that I love the price. A cut, color, and blowdry service (what the lady on the phone called "the works") only costs 40 pounds. That translates to about 60 dollars, American.

The men out there reading this probably won't understand the awesomeness of that price point, but ladies? Are you with me on this one? That's cheeeeeeap. Like, super cheap. Like, about half of what I'd pay back home for the exact same service. So, I'm pretty psyched.

I also called a driving school today about private lessons. I think I'm about ready to take my driving skills to the next level. I knew I was ready when I was driving down The Went today and noticed that I was traveling 30 miles an hour. What once seemed like complete insanity now seems kind of doable. It''s possible that I'm more adapable than I originally thought.

5 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

That is an AMAZING price! I'll make sure I tell Justin about it next week. :) And great news about the driving lessons! You're going to be a real Brit soon!

jwjacole said...

Wow! I knew you'd do great with the driving. The liberation is worth it. The driving lessons are a great idea.

Anonymous said...

If K.C. says $60 is an "amazing" price, I'm going to have to more closely monitor her visits to Justin. Lexington has a Divas, too. Only it's a trashy exotic-dancing establishment. But seriously, request the "Iron Lady" 'do. You could really rock the Thatcher!

TWW

K. C. Wells said...

Beauty is painful and expensive, T. And I'm not ready for my "natural highlights" quite yet.

Tif said...

That's a great idea Trevor. The ladies loooove to have their spending monitored.[[rolls eyes]]

Actually, you should totally watch the Chris Rock documentary "Good Hair." It's amazing at what women will do to themselves in the name of beauty.

And now, thanks to you, I have this image in my head: I walk down to "Diva's," open the door to a run-down strip club, and proceed to have my hair cut with craft scissors in a back room by an over-the-hill, chain-smoking exotic dancer named Taffy.