Tuesday, April 20, 2010

London Trip Part 3: The Tube

It had been around fifteen years since I'd ridden on the London Underground, and being at the tube station really brought back some fond memories. It was so busy, noisy, and energetic... It was honestly kind of thrilling taking that first ride.











Frankie loved the idea of a network of underground trains that ran, hidden, throughout the entire city. She seemed to take the noise, heat, and crowds in stride, and took to the experience like a real city gal.



I don't have any pictures of the crowds on the underground, because there were moments where it was so packed full of people, I could barely move my arms let alone raise a camera. I'm not sure if it was due to the airport freeze, or if it's always that busy down there. It seemed on one or two occasions that we wouldn't even be able to squeeze out of the subway car, we were so packed in.

It sounds miserable, but it really wasn't so bad. It was exciting, as long as I didn't let my claustrophobic side take over.

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

I love seeing Matt and Frankie together> Where's their wife and mom?

dove said...

"Frankie loved the idea of a network of underground trains that ran, hidden, throughout the entire city"

When you put it that way it does seem extra cool.