Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun Fact

There is a stoplight in town, and it turns red, then yellow, then green.

At first, I thought it was weird. Now, I kind of love it. It's like a gentle little reminder to get ready to start driving again. We should totally do that in the states. It would seriously decrease the amount of times I have to beep my horn at someone in front of me at a stoplight who is oblivious to the fact that the light has turned green.

In other road-related news, I have my first driving lesson booked for Tuesday. It's just in time, too, because the moment I started getting a little more comfortable driving around town, the entire village suddenly exploded with construction projects. The road to Frankie's school is all torn up, as are several of the streets downtown. This makes some already tricky roads even harder to negotiate.


Once I can master driving, I can start feeling a little more independent. I’d really love to have some solo adventures. The thrill of hanging out around the house all day is starting to wear off.


3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Yay for the lessons! How cool. I hope your instructor has a monocle; it seems like it would be more British that way. ;)

jwjacole said...

I love the idea of having a driving instructor with a thick
English accent and a momocle. Like the like idea too.

jwjacole said...

Sorry, I like the light idea too.