Friday, April 9, 2010

If you sprinkle when you tinkle...

Ken came over today to get some things out of our basement that he had stored there. (This was news to me... I didn't realize we were sharing basement space.)

As a result, my previous bout of sympathy for Ken has definitely waned.

True, he did knock when he got to the front door. But he knocked as he was opening the door to let himself in.

Not good.

On the plus side, he didn't tell me to make him coffee. He did, however, ask to use the toilet. I'm not a cruel enough person to deny someone access to a bathroom, so I said it was ok.

After he left, I went into the bathroom to do a little straightening up. I found that not only had he left the seat up, but he had peed on it a little as well.

[[shudder]]



It was so gross, and yet so perfectly apt that I couldn't help but bust out laughing.


We are getting some ground rules established, though. I talked to him about calling first before he comes over, and we set a day and time for his next visit. (Where, ostensibly, he'll be fixing the cracked kitchen sink.) 

So.... progress.

Still, someone's going to have to go downstairs and clean that toilet. Maybe I could rock/paper/scissor Matt for it? 

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

This is definitely an expected result. Maybe you should have a box of disposable bathroom wipes handy. The next time he asks to use the bathroom you say, "Sure, here's the wipe-ups."

K. C. Wells said...

Ken...eeeeeeeew.