Friday, April 9, 2010

London Town

We're in the midst of planning our next family outing: A trip to London!



Matt has a meeting in central London next Friday, and he's taking Frankie & me with him. We're going to ride the train down on Thursday, and come back Sunday morning, Matt's meeting should only take him a few hours, so that will give us almost two full days to explore the city.

It's been over fifteen years since I was last in London, and I'm so excited to see it again. Life in Maryport is charming and scenic, but it'll be nice to be around the energy and noise of a big city for a change.

Plus, my friend Lisa is coming out for a visit in May and we're planning to spend a few days together in London. This will give me a good chance to practice navigating the city before we go. I have a feeling that my visit to London will be very dfferent with Lisa than it will be with Matt and Frankie. Lisa = theater, restaurants, and shopping. Matt & Frankie = museums and double decker buses. It's the best of both worlds.

I'm feeling very lucky today, getting a chance to jaunt into London at a moment's notice. As much as I complain about little things out here (food....driving....Ken...), being out here with my family is pretty darn amazing.

4 comments:

jwjacole said...

I can't wait to here about the London adventure. This is why you made the move.

K. C. Wells said...

How fun!!! I'm so jealous and excited. :)

Lisa said...

COOL! I can't wait to hear how the trip to London went. I wan ALL the details! Do me a favor and look up where the store, Liberty's of London, is. I've always wanted to go there...

I'm getting excited about hanging out with you w/the Big Ben in the background!

Tif said...

Lisa, I just checked the map of London, and it looks like the hotel we'll be staying at is pretty darn close to Liberty's of London. My guess is that it would take less than 10 minutes by taxi. If we're feeling especially spry, we might even be able to walk there. Yay!