Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm more of a Roald Dahl girl, myself.

The bedtime book Matt is currently reading Frankie is Richard Dawkins' The Ancestor's Tale. It's a 600 page scientific text on theories of plant and animal evolution. She loves it when he reads to her out of that book, and excitedly asks for it every night.

I'd give you a few more details on the book, but quite frankly, it's a little over my head. This much I know: If Matt read me that book before bedtime, I'd have no problems falling asleep. Maybe insantly?



When that small girl finally learns how to read, I wonder if she'll breeze past the Judy Blume books and tuck right into Ulysseys?

4 comments:

Matt said...

You know, she genuinely seems to like it, although I am not sure she understands that much.

I think the book is great but it is pretty high level. It all started because there are actually pictures in the book and she insisted I read it to her. There is individual chapter on different animals and she gets to pick.

For instance, tonight she picked the "Dodo" which was a length discussion on why isolated bird populations on islands loose thier ability to fly. They are also closely related to pigeons and she loves pigeons so that seems to be enough.

Also, Tiffany claims that I have the best reading voice to fall asleep to, I am too sure that is a compliment but I suppose we all have our talents.

K. C. Wells said...

If she doesn't read Judy Blume, that's a true crime against nature.

jwjacole said...

Like father, like son.

Lisa said...

I'm with KC. Frankie's *gotta* read Judy Blume! A book like, "Are You There, Evolution? It's Me, Margaret" just isn't the same....

LL